Space Oddities – Day 9

This is Day 9 of the continuing saga of the creation of the “Space Oddities” project for the 2010 da Vinci Days Avenue of Imagination Community Art Project.

If you missed it, here’s Day 8here’s Day 7here’s Day 6….here’s Day 5….here’s Day 4….here’s Day 3…. here’s Day 2 … here’s Day 1.

Left Side with Blue
Left Side with Blue

I painted in the Left Side with Blue.

Front Side with Blue
Front Side with Blue

I painted in the Front Side with Blue.

Right Side with Blue
Right Side with Blue

I painted in the Right Side with Blue.

Here Comes the Sun
Here Comes the Sun

Now that the blue is done, Here Comes the Sun.  I paint the outer edge of the sun and the bottom edges of the flames with red.

The Red of the Sun
The Red of the Sun

Here’s a side view of The Red of the Sun and it’s flames.

Close-up of the Red
Close-up of the Red

In this Close-up of the Red, you can see how I painted full red along the edge of the line, and then lighter as I painted to the center.  To paint lighter, I removed as much paint as I could off the brush and then lightly dry brushed, allowing some of the primed layer to show through.

The Orange Layer
The Orange Layer

For The Orange Layer, I painted over the lighter red areas and further into the sun and flames.  I did overlap some orange on the solid red areas as well, creating an orangey red.  As with the red layer, I lightly dry brushed orange into the area where the yellow will go.

Close-up of Orange
Close-up of the Orange

In this Close-up of the Orange, you can see where I overlapped the orange over the red, and then dry brushed it for a lighter orange.

Close-up of Yellow
Close-up of Yellow

In this Close-up of the Yellow, you can see where I overlapped the yellow over the orange and then to the other edge, completing the sun and flames.

Alpha Centauri of Bust
Alpha Centauri of Bust

In the sun, I painted the quest for the Space Oddities…”Alpha Centauri of Bust

Adhering the Base
Adhering the Base

Gerry, my wonderful husband, helped me with Adhering the Base to the body of the project.  This gives the wings of this project more depth and dimension.  We used Guerilla Glue (new experience) and then clamped the base to the body.

Side View of the Base
Side View of the Base

Here’s the Side View of the Base clamped to the body.

Front End
Front End

To secure the base to the Front End of the project, Gerry tied a rope from the body around the base.

That’s it for Day 9.

Continue on to Day 10…

joyfully, Maureen, The Mandala Lady

Advertisements

2 Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s