This is Day 2 of the continuing saga of the creation of the “Space Oddities” project for the 2010 da Vinci Days Avenue of Imagination Community Art Project. If you missed it, here’s Day 1.
Time to add Some Pieces to the project. The 2 long tube-y things are plastic grocery bags rolled up and taped together. The red thing is a lid for a small plastic cup. The 2 glass jar lids will be used for the headlights (this is a clue to the identity of this project). And the black thing is the tail fin made from scraps of the board I used for the base (see day 1).
I tape The Rope to the rim of the base leaving a gap at the front to make room for a hand to grab it. This will make it easier to transport the project.
A view of The Handle made from the rope.
I taped one of the plastic bag tube-y things I made to the back of the project. It now becomes The Back Bumper (another clue).
And now The Front Bumper.
To keep some of the moisture of the wet paper mache away from the brown paper layer, I decided to cover the entire body with wax paper. I crumpled the paper to make it easier to shape and then taped it to the body to form The Skin. This is the back side.
Here’s a view of the Front Side skin.
I’ve added some Embellishments to the front end; the red lid (looking more like a nose), a piece of rope (in the shape of a “V”…and another clue), and the jar lids.
In this Full View you see the entire body covered in “the skin” and if you look closely you’ll see the tail fin on the top, back end.
I glued and taped 3 Yogurt Tubs to the back side of the project.
Another Back Side view. This tail fin shows up better in this image.
This completes Day 2.
Continue on to Day 3…