[I’m 12/11 days behind in posting this]
I have either forgotten to take photos or I accidentally deleted the photos from day 29. So these photos will show both days’ progress. For day 29 [7/12/09], I finished added the white overlay to the red and blue backgrounds. For day 30 [7/13/09], I began the refining portion of the painting, namely the yellow objects in the purple frames.
This photo shows the lighter blue background with the white dabbed over it and the more defined yellow section. I added more cad. yellow light and dioxazine purple to fine-tune the edges and give it more depth and shape.
This lighter red background was completed during day 28 so I only worked on the yellow shape in this photo.
This photo shows the more defined yellow triangle which appears in the mid-left section of the mandala.
With this full view you can see all the lighter background sections (yellow, red, & blue). From this vantage point it’s a little more difficult to detect the fine tuning done on the upper left bright yellow shapes.
Maureen, The Mandala Lady