I put in 90 minutes today, painting the blue and red background sections. For these two areas, I used quinacidrone red and ultramarine blue along with an acrlyic ‘spreader’ which allowed me to do more of a wash versus a thick slab of color.
A whole section of light red background.
A while section of light blue
With this full on view, you can make out the ‘white’ areas around the floating objects. Those bands around the objects and the areas inside the diamonds are next to be painted.
View from the sidewalk. Another plan is to extend the red, yellow, and blue backgrounds out to the edges of the canvas…at least that’s the plan for now.