I finished coloring in all the spaces on this painting.
I took this photo in poor light so it’s a bit grainy. The last areas that I filled were the upper right hand corner, the lower right hand corner, and then the background areas in the lower left, middle, upper middle, and mid right.
This is the lower left section where I added the background coloring…the yellowish w/redish accents…it looks like a tablecloth or wallpaper. I used lemon yellow, canary yellow, and yellow ochre for the yellow; black cherry for the shading, and raspberry for the accents.
This is the lower right section where if did the blue, orange, and green (lower right) sections; as well as the background ‘tablecloth’ For the blue I used copenhagen blue, cloud blue, black grape, blender and white. For the orange, I used canary yellow, scarlet lake, black cherry, and white. For the green ring, I used canary yellow, true blue, black grape, and white. For the flat dark green area, I used canary yellow, indigo blue, and black grape.
In the upper right corner I put in the green, orange, blue sections; along with the maroon-y red and red thing coming out of the bird’s beak…at least that’s how I see it 🙂
The last step will be to go back over it to do some tweaking throughout. The plan is to have it done by today (3/31/09).
Maureen, The Mandala Lady