This is Day 9 of the continuing saga of the creation of the “Space Oddities” project for the 2010 da Vinci Days Avenue of Imagination Community Art Project.
If you missed it, here’s Day 8…here’s Day 7…here’s Day 6….here’s Day 5….here’s Day 4….here’s Day 3…. here’s Day 2 … here’s Day 1.
Left Side with Blue
I painted in the Left Side with Blue.
Front Side with Blue
I painted in the Front Side with Blue.
Right Side with Blue
I painted in the Right Side with Blue.
Here Comes the Sun
Now that the blue is done, Here Comes the Sun. I paint the outer edge of the sun and the bottom edges of the flames with red.
The Red of the Sun
Here’s a side view of The Red of the Sun and it’s flames.
Close-up of the Red
In this Close-up of the Red, you can see how I painted full red along the edge of the line, and then lighter as I painted to the center. To paint lighter, I removed as much paint as I could off the brush and then lightly dry brushed, allowing some of the primed layer to show through.
The Orange Layer
For The Orange Layer, I painted over the lighter red areas and further into the sun and flames. I did overlap some orange on the solid red areas as well, creating an orangey red. As with the red layer, I lightly dry brushed orange into the area where the yellow will go.
Close-up of the Orange
In this Close-up of the Orange, you can see where I overlapped the orange over the red, and then dry brushed it for a lighter orange.
Close-up of Yellow
In this Close-up of the Yellow, you can see where I overlapped the yellow over the orange and then to the other edge, completing the sun and flames.
Alpha Centauri of Bust
In the sun, I painted the quest for the Space Oddities…”Alpha Centauri of Bust“
Adhering the Base
Gerry, my wonderful husband, helped me with Adhering the Base to the body of the project. This gives the wings of this project more depth and dimension. We used Guerilla Glue (new experience) and then clamped the base to the body.
Side View of the Base
Here’s the Side View of the Base clamped to the body.
To secure the base to the Front End of the project, Gerry tied a rope from the body around the base.
That’s it for Day 9.
joyfully, Maureen, The Mandala Lady
Read Full Post »